About the 'Corrosion Handbook'
The DECHEMA Corrosion Handbook represents a comprehensive collection of knowledge that is unique both in scope as well as content. It covers corrosion data and the chemical resistance of all technically important metallic, non-metallic, inorganic and organic materials in contact with aggressive media. Furthermore, it describes methods of corrosion protection and prevention. This makes it the prime information source worldwide for the selection of materials for equipment in which corrosive media are handled or processed.
The Corrosion Handbook ...helps to hold the damages at bay
Faced with the task of optimizing a given environment-material system, readers of this work will find answers to the following:
- Is there information available on the behavior of the material under consideration in a particular medium?
- Which materials are out of question for the proposed purpose?
- Which materials can be used without hesitation in the medium concerned?
- What are the conditions under which a less resistant, less costly material will give satisfactory service?
- Which material offers best performance for value under the given circumstances?
- What protective measures exist: inhibitors, coatings, cathodic protection, etc.?
The 13 volumes contain over 10,000 references to primary sources: This is the result of review and evaluation of the literature on corrosion in addition to journals of:
- Inorganic,organic,physical and electrochemistry,
- Materials journals,
- Surface treatment journals,
- Engineering process journals,
- Patents on materials,paints,surface treatments,corrosion protection,
- Abstracting journals such as Chemical Abstracts, Referativnyj Journal (Moscow), Corrosion Abstracts,
- Commercial publications,
- Internal publications of universities and other research institutes, not always readily accessible
- Private communications based on practical experience